ZeewaysCMS Multiple Vulnerabilities
[Vendor Product Description]
- ZeewaysCMS is a Content Management System and a complete Web & Mobile Solution developed by Zeeways for Corporates,
Individuals or any kind of Business needs.
- Site: http://www.zeewayscms.com/
[25.03.2016] Vulnerability discovered.
[25.03.2016] Vendor contacted.
[29.03.2016] Follow up with the vendor.
[29.03.2016] Vendor responded asking for details.
[29.03.2016] Advisory and details sent to the vendor.
[06.04.2016] Follow up with the vendor. No response received.
[06.05.2016] Public security advisory released.
- Directory Traversal
- Cross Site Scripting (Stored)
- ID: ZSL-2016-5319
- URL: http://www.zeroscience.mk/en/vulnerabilities/ZSL-2016-5319.php
[Bug Description and Proof of Concept]
- ZeewaysCMS suffers from a file inclusion vulnerability (LFI) when encoded input passed thru the 'targeturl' GET
parameter is not properly verified before being used to include files. This can be exploited to include files from
local resources with directory traversal attacks and URL encoded NULL bytes.
- Multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities were also discovered. The issue is triggered when input passed
via multiple parameters is not properly sanitized before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to
execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
1. Directory Traversal:
Parameters: targeturl (GET)
2. Cross Site Scripting (Stored)
Parameters: screen_name, f_name, l_name, uc_email, uc_mobile, user_contact_num (POST)
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="screen_name"
All flaws described here were discovered and researched by:
Bikramaditya Guha aka "PhoenixX"